Luxury, Midrange and Budget Safari Costs in Uganda
The choice is yours depending on your desires and or budget
Luxury, Midrange and Budget Safari in Uganda, what is the difference?
The frequently question here is; what are the differences does a luxury, a moderate or midrange and a Budget Safari have?
The price of a safari depends on some choices made by you; The choices come down to what kind of accommodations you desire while on Safari in Uganda and how many people are in your party.
You get what you pay for? Not always, you can get pay a lot more than what a safari is worth.
Many times a safari will be overprices since there are too many hands involved, especially if you buy a safari package in your country of origin. There can be a marked difference between the prices of safaris and just because you are paying more, does not mean you are getting more for your money.
Fixed costs and items that are the same regarding Safaris in Uganda
- Transportation costs such as fuel, vehicle and English Speaking Driver. We use Safari type vehicles that have a pop-up roof for maximum viewing of wildlife and birding on game drives. Transportation Costs make up a large part of the safari, fuel being presently at around 1.3 USD a liter.
- National Park, Wildlife Reserves, Ugandan Places of interest entrance fees, game drives, boat rides, ferry crossings, etc. They are the same no matter what price range you choose.
- Your choice of what to do while in Uganda also affect the price of your safari. If you include Gorilla Tracking the price per person has just increased by 500 usd, Chimpanzee Tracking is the next largest expense in parks ranging from 40 to 90 USD plus park entrance of 30 USD per day for foreigners and in some cases vehicle entrance
Lodging and accommodations in Kampala and the National Parks come in three basic categories and in each one there is a certain cost range.
- Luxury can range from 120 USD per person per night to as high as 500 USD per person per night full board depending on the location, they type of accommodations available and so on. Luxury accommodations are available at most locations in or near National Parks and Wildlife Reserves.
- Midrange or Moderate rates from about 60 USD to 100 USD per night per person and are available in most locations. The difference is the decor and furnishings in the rooms, the quality of food served. A bit more basic than luxury where dinner might be 4 or 5 courses served. Some moderate accommodations are just a few dollars below up-market in certain areas and the difference in quality is miles apart but we will certainly advise you.
- Budget ranges from 20 to 60 USD per day per person. It is usually basic and not self contained in most cases. There are some areas where budget accommodations are not advised and we will make you aware of those places.
- Full Board safaris are our standard, but in cases of budget safaris where meals have to be figured in, it might save a bit by purchasing your own meals ala carte.
Feel free to write if you have any questions regarding the choices that you have.