Terms and Conditions for a Safari with Lifetime Experience Safaris
Terms and Conditions for a Safari with Lifetime Experience Safaris
Notice Regarding Terms and Conditions of Service
This document sets forth the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) under which Lifetime Experience Safaris, hereinafter referred to as “LES” or “the Company,” provides safari tour services. These Terms are in compliance with the laws and regulations of the jurisdictions within which our services are offered.
Accuracy of Information:
The Company has exercised reasonable care and diligence in providing descriptions, accommodation details, narrations, and security information pertaining to our services. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, LES shall not be held liable for any inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising from circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
Scope of Responsibility:
As a safari tour operator, LES assumes responsibility for elements within our direct control, including but not limited to our driver-guides, planned activities, and designated lodging accommodations. It is expressly noted, however, that certain factors are outside the purview of the Company’s control. These include, but are not limited to, road conditions, infrastructural damages such as broken bridges, meteorological conditions, and the conduct of personnel at lodging facilities.
The Role of the Tour Guide:
Your assigned tour guide serves as the primary facilitator of your safari experience. We strongly recommend a thorough review of these Terms for complete understanding and peace of mind.
Acceptance of Terms:
By confirming your safari booking with LES, you hereby acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms.
These Terms shall be applicable to all individuals included in the booking, as well as any individuals who may be added or substituted at a later date. For the purposes of these Terms, “you,” “the client,” or “customer” shall refer to such individuals, and “we,” “LES,” “the Company,” or “us” shall refer to Lifetime Experience Safaris.
The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time to reflect changing circumstances. The Terms in effect at the time of your booking shall be the Terms applicable to your contract with LES.
Booking the safari as an individual and/or on behalf of other members in your Party
To make a tour booking, you must confidently provide full, complete, and accurate information to Lifetime Experience Safaris. You must be at least 18 years of age and take full responsibility for booking on behalf of others. As the designated contact person for all participants included in the booking, you must confidently make all payments related to your tour booking, inform Lifetime Experience Safaris or your travel agent of any changes or cancellations, and keep all members of your party informed.
By booking on behalf of others, you confidently confirm that you have obtained all necessary consents. It is your confident responsibility to ensure that all information provided on behalf of other participants is complete and accurate. Please note that we will not be held liable for any errors or omissions in the information provided while completing a booking.
Booking a Tour/Safari with Lifetime Experience Safaris
To ensure the best safari experience, we strongly recommend selecting an itinerary from our website or providing a custom travel plan when booking your trip with Lifetime Experience Safaris (LES) or your travel agent. Be sure to indicate your intended date of arrival and departure, the number of participants, sleeping arrangements, and any flight details you may have. Our team of experts will work tirelessly to make all necessary arrangements to ensure your complete satisfaction. Trust us to deliver the safari adventure of a lifetime.
Age and Minor Participation Requirements
- Definition of Minors: For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, an “Individual Minor” refers to any person who is below the age of 18 at the commencement date of the tour. A legally responsible adult must accompany an Individual Minor at all times during the tour.
- Adult-to-Minor Ratio: Each accompanying adult is permitted to accompany a maximum of two Individual Minors. While the standard minimum age for participation in any tour is 12 years, exceptions may be made at the Company’s discretion to accommodate Individual Minors of younger age, provided a legally responsible adult accompanies them.
- Consent and Legal Requirements: Bookings involving an Individual Minor are subject to review and approval by Lifetime Experience Safaris. The accompanying adult bears sole responsibility for securing all necessary consents, permissions, and documentation required for the Individual Minor(s) to participate in the tour and to comply with the entry, residence, and exit laws of all countries and regions involved.
- Liability and Responsibilities: Lifetime Experience Safaris shall not be liable for any fees, damages, or losses incurred as a result of the accompanying adult’s failure to secure the aforementioned consents, permissions, and documentation. Each accompanying adult who is part of a booking involving one or more Individual Minors is jointly and severally responsible for their supervision, well-being, and behavior, and accepts these Terms and Conditions, both individually and on behalf of any accompanying Individual Minor(s).
- Limitation of Duties: It is explicitly noted that the tour operator does not offer care or supervision services for Individual Minors and disclaims any and all liability for overseeing or controlling the actions of any Individual Minor(s).
By entering into this agreement, parties affirm their understanding and acceptance of these terms, including but not limited to all assumptions of risk and limitations of liability.
Contracting for Tour/Safari Services with Lifetime Experience Safaris
If you plan to book a safari journey with Lifetime Experience Safaris, we want to make sure that everything is arranged to your satisfaction. To do this, we recommend that you choose from the itineraries listed on our website or send us a custom travel plan. This plan should include your desired dates of arrival and departure, the number of people traveling, your preferred lodging options, and any flight details.
By following these guidelines, we can ensure that your safari trip is a memorable and enjoyable experience. Whether you book directly with LES or through a travel agent, we will take care of all the details to make your journey a success.
Deposits and Confirmation for Safari with Lifetime Experience Safaris
- Acceptance of Booking: The individual serving as the contact person (“Contact Person”) for a group booking with Lifetime Experience Safaris signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions on behalf of all members of the group under their authority. All terms and conditions set forth herein shall be binding upon each member of the group, as represented by the Contact Person.
- Deposit Requirements: To secure a reservation, a non-refundable deposit is mandated. This deposit shall consist of 15 percent (15%) of the total cost associated with the planned Safari experience (“Safari Arrangement Costs”). In addition, the deposit shall include the total amount for Gorilla permits (priced at US$ 700 per individual permit or US$ 1500 for the Habituation Experience), Chimpanzee permits (priced at US$ 200 per individual permit or US$ 250 for the Habituation Experience), and any in-country airfare necessary for the Safari experience (“Additional Fees”).
- This deposit is required for each individual member participating in the group booking.
Final Payment for Safari Booked
- Payment Due Dates, Cancellation Policy, and Deviation from Standard Payment Plans: The Client shall remit the total sum owed to Lifetime Experience Safaris no fewer than twenty one (21) days prior to the commencement date of the scheduled Safari experience. Failure to settle the outstanding amount within the specified time-frame shall entitle Lifetime Experience Safaris to regard the booking as null and void and to cancel said booking at its sole discretion. Any payment arrangements that deviate from the terms outlined herein are subject to the explicit approval of Lifetime Experience Safaris’ booking manager.
- Price Fluctuations and Over-Booking: Lifetime Experience Safaris cannot be held liable for any changes in pricing or cases of over-booking that may occur after the Client has made a deposit. The reasons for such fluctuations may include seasonal variations, such as Christmas, an increase in lodging prices at the beginning of each new year, significant changes in fuel prices, and other factors.
- Short-Term Bookings: For reservations secured within a period of five (6) weeks or less prior to the departure date, the total amount shall be due in full upon booking confirmation.
- Payment Methods: Payments may be executed through wire transfer to any of Lifetime Experience Safaris’ international bank accounts via the Wise platform or through its Stanbic Bank account in Uganda. The Client shall bear all costs associated with the wire transfer.
- Credit or Debit Card Payments: Transactions conducted using credit or debit cards shall be processed through the online PesaPal Service. A service fee of 3.5% shall be applied to all such transactions. Lifetime Experience Safaris accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express (AEX) as valid forms of payment.Pre
Payment Options and Currency:
- Payment Currency and Options: All quoted prices for the Safari experience and related services are denominated in United States Dollars (US$), which constitutes the preferred currency for all transactions. Lifetime Experience Safaris also accommodates payments through its Wise account in alternative currencies including but not limited to Euros (€), United Kingdom Pounds Sterling (£), Australian Dollars (AUD), New Zealand Dollars (NZD), Canadian Dollars (CAD), and Singapore Dollars (SGD). Payments made in local currency shall be accepted at the prevailing exchange rate for purchasing United States Dollars.
- Bank Transfer and Transfer Fees: Payments directed to Lifetime Experience Safaris’ domestic bank account located in Uganda must be conducted via wire transfer. All associated wire transfer fees shall be the sole responsibility of the Client.
- Account Information and Payment Guidelines: Information related to bank accounts and payment options can be found on the Lifetime Experience Safaris website and may be provided upon request. Clients are advised to consult our ‘Payment Advice, Options & Tips’ webpage for further information on currency options and accounts.
- Final Payment and Cancellation Policy: The remaining balance for any and all services provided by Lifetime Experience Safaris shall be due no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the scheduled departure date. Failure to settle the remaining balance within the stipulated timeframe shall entitle Lifetime Experience Safaris to consider the booking as null and void and to cancel said booking at its sole discretion.
- Deviation from Standard Payment Plans: Any payment arrangements that deviate from the terms outlined herein are subject to the explicit approval of Lifetime Experience Safaris’ booking manager.
Gorilla Trekking Terms and Limitations of Liability: Possessing a gorilla permit ensures that the permit-holder is authorized to participate in tracking activities but does not guarantee that the gorillas will be readily visible or stationary for observation. Prior to commencing the tracking activity, Park Rangers shall provide a pre-track briefing outlining applicable rules and regulations, which all participants must strictly observe. Lifetime Experience Safaris disclaims all liability for any participant who is refused entry or whose participation is prematurely terminated by Park Authorities. For further details on guidelines and requirements, clients are referred to the official rules and regulations governing gorilla tracking activities.
Safari Terms, Inclusions, and Exclusions in Quoted Price
- Price Inclusions: The price quoted by Lifetime Experience Safaris shall encompass the following: ground transportation via a four-wheel-drive (4WD) safari vehicle, complete with fuel and an English-speaking driver/guide; lodging accommodations; meals as per the itinerary; park entrance fees and activity-related fees; boat excursions; gorilla and chimpanzee permits where relevant; allowances for the driver; and a baggage allowance of two pieces per person, in addition to one carry-on item.
- Exclusions from Quoted Price: Unless explicitly specified, the quoted tour prices do not cover accommodations for the nights immediately preceding and/or following the duration of the safari.
- Client Responsibilities: The Client shall bear sole responsibility for the following expenses: airfare to and from Uganda or Rwanda; visa fees, where applicable; airport transfer costs; meals and accommodations in Kampala; transportation within Kampala; supplementary activities not detailed in the itinerary; refreshments and beverages, including but not limited to snacks consumed between meals, alcoholic beverages, and other non-inclusive refreshments; personal incidentals such as porterage, telephone calls, and souvenirs; as well as tips and gratuities. Although coffee and tea are generally available with meals at upcountry properties, and drinking water may be provided for all drives, Clients are advised to verify the inclusivity of these items in menu prices.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Cancellation by Lifetime Experience Safaris:
LES reserves the right to unilaterally cancel any Safari for various reasons including, but not limited to:
a. Safety concerns or adverse weather conditions that are judged to be unmitigable.
b. Circumstances that might affect the Company or its suppliers’ reputation or property.
c. Supplier’s inability to meet their commitments related to the Safari.
d. Client amendments to the itinerary that render the Safari impractical or economically unviable.
In case of such cancellations, an attempt will be made to reschedule the Safari to a mutually agreeable date, or a refund for the refundable portions of the Safari will be provided. LES disclaims further liability arising from such cancellations.
Force Majeure and Alternative Arrangements:
Should unforeseen external circumstances beyond the Company’s control disrupt the Safari or part thereof, LES will endeavor to offer an alternative itinerary. If this proves unfeasible, a refund for the refundable portion of the Safari will be issued.
Right to Terminate Participation:
LES reserves the right to terminate an individual’s participation if their conduct adversely impacts the Safari experience or poses a risk. In such cases, no refunds will be provided, and any additional costs incurred will be the individual’s responsibility.
Cancellation by Client:
Notice of Cancellation by the Client must be submitted in written form and duly executed by the authorized contact person representing the group. The quantification of the cancellation fee shall be determined in accordance with the specific date upon which Lifetime Experience Safaris officially receives such written notification.
a. 29 or more days prior to departure: 30% of land costs plus 100% of permit and flight costs.
b. 28 to 14 days prior to departure: 50% of total costs plus 100% of permits and flight costs.
c. 13 to 7 days prior to departure: 70% of total costs plus permits and flight costs.
d. Within one week of departure: 100% of total costs. e. Prior to deposit: No cancellation fee.
Lifetime Experience Safaris reserves the right to deduct incurred costs from any advance payments prior to issuing refunds.
Permit Refund Policy:
While the Uganda Wildlife Authority may not issue monetary refunds for unused or canceled permits, they may propose a date postponement for tracking activities. LES may resell these permits to another client or qualified tour operator for the original tracking dates, subject to a service charge for administrative costs.
Clients are strongly encouraged to procure cancellation, medical, repatriation, and other types of insurance coverage. The choice of insurance is solely the responsibility of the Client.
Lifetime Experience Safaris shall not be liable for issues that are the direct result of third-party service providers, including hotels, transport carriers, and other agencies.
Flexibility and Unused Services
You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and that Lifetime Experience Safaris will permit reasonable alterations to services or itineraries. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities, and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts, or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of LES, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
Force Majeure and Limitation of Liability
The Lifetime Experience Safaris shall not be held liable for the non-performance or improper execution of any contractual obligations where such failure is occasioned by circumstances that could not have been foreseen or prevented, even with the exercise of all due care. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to, acts of war, threats of war, civil unrest, governmental actions including but not limited to statutes, ordinances, and decrees, acts of terrorism, industrial disputes, extreme meteorological conditions, natural or nuclear disasters, epidemics, fires, road closures, theft, quarantines, risks associated with sea, land, and air travel, and other events beyond the reasonable control of the Company or its suppliers.
The Company engages independent suppliers for the provision of certain services, including but not limited to, hotel accommodations, restaurant services, transportation, and medical evacuation services. Accordingly, the Company disclaims any liability for death, property damage, personal injury, or loss arising out of acts or omissions by such independent suppliers who are not subject to the direct control of the Company.
Right to Alter Pricing and Membership
The Company expressly reserves the right to adjust the pricing of any itinerary or service in response to fluctuations in economic conditions, including but not limited to variations in the exchange rate of the local currency against the United States Dollar. The Company further reserves the right to refuse participation or to remove any individual from a tour team whose presence, in the Company’s sole judgment, compromises the security or enjoyment of the excursion by other participants. Any costs or losses arising from such removal or from delays or events beyond the Company’s control shall be borne by the affected tour members.
Inherent Risks and Personal Responsibility
Certain activities included in or offered as optional additions to the agreed-upon itinerary may entail inherent risks of personal injury. While the Company endeavors to mitigate such risks, it cannot guarantee the personal safety of participants. Individuals who engage in these optional activities do so at their own risk and assume all responsibility for any resulting harm or loss.
Lifetime Experience Safaris maintains no exclusive affiliations with any lodging facilities. Recommendations for accommodations will be tendered in accordance with your budgetary specifications; however, the ultimate selection of accommodations shall remain at your discretion. Quoted prices are premised on double or twin occupancy in rooms or tents equipped with private bathrooms. Clients opting for single occupancy must explicitly communicate this preference prior to tour confirmation and shall be duly informed of any applicable supplemental fees. Unless otherwise stipulated in the agreed-upon itinerary, the prices quoted by the Company shall include full-board accommodations for the duration of the Safari.
Documentation and Medical Obligations of the Client
The Client shall be solely responsible for acquiring and maintaining all requisite travel documentation and identification mandated for entry, exit, and transit through each respective country or jurisdiction included in the tour itinerary. This encompasses but is not limited to, a valid passport, visas, permits, governmental authorizations, medical and vaccination certificates, and requisite insurance policies. The passport must remain valid for a period of no less than six months subsequent to the final date of travel, as delineated in the itinerary or travel plan furnished by Lifetime Experience Safaris (“LES”).
Liability for Documentation and Medical Requirements
The Client acknowledges and accepts full liability for procuring all requisite travel documentation and medical clearances prior to the commencement of the tour. The Client further acknowledges sole responsibility for any and all financial repercussions stemming from the absence or defectiveness of such documentation. The Client agrees to indemnify LES for any direct financial loss or expense incurred as a result of the Client’s failure to secure or possess the appropriate travel and medical documentation.
Disclaimer Regarding Travel Information and Medical Requirements
While LES endeavors to furnish pertinent travel information and recommendations, LES expressly disclaims responsibility for advising on specific travel documentation and medical requirements. LES makes no warranties or representations concerning the accuracy or comprehensiveness of any information provided regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, attire, luggage, or specialized equipment. The Client agrees that LES shall not be liable for any inaccuracies, omissions, or errors in such information.
Health and Medical Certification of the Client
Upon booking with LES, it is presumed that all participants in the travel party are of sound health and lack any medical or dietary restrictions that would preclude them from participating in the tour. LES expressly disclaims any liability related to medical care or special dietary accommodations. It is incumbent upon the Client to obtain comprehensive international medical insurance, inclusive of emergency evacuation coverage. The Client is additionally responsible for procuring any specific medications required for the tour.
Liability Clause: Lifetime Experience Safaris’ Responsibility for Third-Party Suppliers
Lifetime Experience Safaris contracts with various third parties such as hotels, activity providers, and airlines (“Third-Party Suppliers”) to offer components of your booking. These suppliers may further subcontract local services.
We strive to ensure your itinerary is executed as agreed, adhering to high standards. We accept responsibility for the conduct of our employees, agents, and subcontractors when acting on our behalf. If any part of your Safari is not as promised, you may be eligible for compensation, per our complaint procedures.
This liability is limited by our “Force Majeure” clause and the overall terms and conditions. Our maximum financial liability for complaints, aside from those related to death, injury, or property loss, is capped at the cost paid by the affected party for the specific unrendered service.
We take measures to protect you from risks related to local animal or insect life, but it is your responsibility to take proper medical and practical precautions. Subject to these terms, we accept responsibility for your well-being unless otherwise stipulated.
We will not be liable where any failure to perform or improper performance was due to:
1. The acts or omissions of a third party not connected with the provision of the Safari under the contract and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable.
2. An event that we or the supplier of the relevant services could not have foreseen or avoided even with all due care. Any claim must be notified to us in accordance with the complaints procedure set out above. Any person to whom any payment is made (and their parent or guardian if that person is a minor) must assign to us and our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party in connection with the claim and provide all necessary assistance to us and our insurers that be reasonably required.
LES reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied. All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Uganda.
Finally, while every effort is taken, The Company cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to baggage. Please guard your valuables and maintain vigilance while on safari in Uganda as you would elsewhere.
Grievance Procedures and Client’s Special Requests
It is to be noted that, diverging from Western contractual conventions, the majority of services in Uganda necessitate pre-payment in cash prior to the commencement of the tour. The local environment renders post-trip cash refunds challenging; therefore, immediate on-site resolution is highly advisable.
Should the Client experience any form of inconvenience during the course of the tour, it is imperative that such issues be promptly reported to the assigned driver/guide for immediate redress. The Company maintains a senior staff member accessible on a 24-hour basis, specifically tasked with resolving emergent issues.
Formal Complaint Submission
In the event that a grievance remains unaddressed to the Client’s satisfaction, a formal, written complaint detailing the specifics of the issue must be submitted to the Executive Director of the Company within a time frame not exceeding twenty-one (21) days following the conclusion of the tour. Such timely submission affords the Company adequate opportunity for a thorough investigation and appropriate remedial action. Failure to lodge the complaint within the prescribed period shall absolve the Company from any liability pertaining to said complaint.
Special Accommodations and Requirements of the Client
Clients possessing unique or special needs or requirements (“Special Requirements”) are obliged to notify the Company at the time of initiating the tour booking process. While the Company shall exercise reasonable diligence to accommodate said Special Requirements, no guarantee can be made that such accommodations will be feasible, given the constraints inherent to the destinations in question and limitations regarding modifications to pre-established itineraries. In instances where limited mobility is disclosed, the Client acknowledges that certain activities may not be accessible.
Dietary Restrictions and Allergies
The Client is mandated to divulge any and all dietary restrictions and food allergies at the time the booking is made. Although the Company will undertake reasonable efforts to cater to such dietary needs, it expressly disclaims any guarantee that such efforts will be successful in every instance.
Limitation of Liability for Special Requirements
The Client acknowledges and agrees that any Special Requirements or dietary restrictions communicated to the Company do not form an integral component of the contractual terms between the Parties, nor do they amend or alter these Terms in any manner. Consequently, the Company shall bear no liability for its inability to fulfil or accommodate Special Requirements or dietary restrictions.
Observation of Wildlife
The Parties acknowledge that wildlife observation carries inherent uncertainties, and as such, no assurances can be given with respect to encountering specific species of animals during the tour. Observing animals in their natural environment is a privilege and not a guarantee. Guests are advised to adhere to the principle: “Take only photographs, leave only footprints.”
Chimpanzee Tracking Regulations
Persons under the age of fifteen (15) years are strictly prohibited from participating in chimpanzee tracking activities in compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Parties have mutually agreed upon that this Agreement and any related Terms of Service shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Uganda. Both Parties hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts located in Uganda, East Africa, for the resolution of any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms or any Tour, product, or service offered by the Company.
Purpose and Intent
Notwithstanding the legal language and terms contained herein, the ultimate objective of the Company is to facilitate an enriching and mutually satisfying Safari experience in Uganda and Rwanda for its guests.